Welcome to My Journey with P90X!

P90X 2 Available NOW!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

I’m giving it all I’ve got, Captain!


I just finished my workout..P90X Shoulders and Arms with my 11 yr old son..and I must say it was not my best by all means.  It was difficult to focus, to actually get the burn I know I needed. I wasn’t slacking, I was hitting it hard but I just didn’t feel right.   I finished the workout, so did my son, but I left the workout room feeling a little low.  By the time I finished mixing my Shakeology I realized that I had no reason to feel bad.  In fact I should be proud of the fact that I showed up and gave it my all. 

I was reminded of something Dan told me when I first started this journey with Beachbody and P90X.  I was so worried that I wouldn’t be able to push myself hard enough because of my MS.  He told me that I won every time I put that disc in the machine and pushed play.  He was right but I still doubted myself.  I then thought of a Bible lesson I remembered from church referring to giving.  In this verse Jesus had observed a crowd placing their offerings in boxes in a temple.  Many rich people threw in large amounts but a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins.  These coins were worth less than a penny by today’s standards but Jesus saw what she had done.  He then taught that she in fact had put more in the box than any other person in the temple that day.  Not because it was worth so much, but it was all she had, and she gave it all.

I want to be that widow when it comes to every aspect of my life, but I focus on that whenever I start my workout.  I give it everything I have.  I may not feel the best, but I always show up and give it my all.  I encourage you to do the same.

 

The product that changed my life!