Welcome to My Journey with P90X!

P90X 2 Available NOW!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jelly Beans are evil!

You have heard of having the devil on one shoulder and an angel on the other, right?  Well this is the time of year that I have a bag of jelly beans on one shoulder and Tony Horton doing P90X on the other!  I know, I’m in trouble.

  I am a sweet freak.  I have accepted that about myself, and it is something I constantly fight.  Do I let my need for the immediate gratification of something that I have built up in my head as yummy take control or do I look at the long term consequences of my actions.  I have spent the last year cleaning my system of junk.  I eat clean 80% of the time.  By clean I mean food that isn’t full of saturated fats, refined sugar, processed flours, artificial sweeteners, etc.  So I ask why I continue to struggle with something that personifies all that I have cleaned out of my body?

   My only thought is, I have programmed myself to think I need it.  I have found that the foods I crave do not taste as good as I imagine.  I also have a stomach ache within the first few hours after eating them.  Why put myself through that?  I would like to think I am a relatively intelligent woman, but this borders on ridiculous!  This is what I need to remember.

  I am amazed at how many flavors you can taste in food that isn’t masked by unbearable sweetness and fat.  I love eating food and being able to taste all the ingredients in their purest form.  I have discovered a love for vegetables..the green ones, not just Shakeology!   I have found my favorite meals include stir-fry vegetables with chicken not cooked with oil, but cooked in a low sodium chicken stock.  The best thing at all is that I feel completely satisfied and energized after a day of eating well. 

Glad that I got that out of my system!  No jelly beans for me right now and I’m off to make turkey burgers for my family on whole wheat buns.  Maybe if I’m lucky I can sneak a Chocolate Shakeology in for dessert afterwards! Best of all, no stomach ache for me tonight…Yay me! 

The product that changed my life!