Welcome to My Journey with P90X!

P90X 2 Available NOW!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Cleaning up your nutrition is NOT about being perfect…it is about being practical!

I started my transformation very confused about nutrition.  I come from a family with a long history of dieting.  Unfortunately that also meant I was not very informed about the proper way to eat.  I remember counting calories when I was 12 years old trying to find the key to being healthy.  If something was low in calories then it had to be good for me.  After that it was a low fat diet.  I was still very confused since I would eat hot tamales by the handful telling myself that I could do that because there wasn't any fat it them.  I would love to say I was still 12 years old when I thought that but I wasn't..I was 22!  Guess what?  I didn't lose weight that way either.  I tried every fad diet I could, looking for a quick fix.  I was so afraid I would eat the wrong food that at times I just wouldn't eat!  It wasn't until Beachbody that I learned how easy it is to eat the right food..lean proteins, vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats..all the necessary items a person needs to feed their body.  I also learned during my first round of P90X that it was okay to have a little treat every now and then..just not ALL the time.  When we are trying to change our lives we become so hard on ourselves.  I expected success immediately and did not want to fail.  If for some reason I made a mistake, I would  become so disappointed in myself, thinking I would have to start all over again.  I have relaxed a little, knowing that one little piece of naughtiness isn't going to derail all my hard efforts.  My goal is to eat clean 85% of the time.  That way if I do slip a little, I know I'll pick it up again tomorrow.  You can do the same. :)

The product that changed my life!